Sep 24, 2010

A start

I went down on my bike on August 8th, 2008.  Instead of going to Sturgis with our club, my husband (then just boyfriend) and I chose to make a mountain trip to Pagosa Springs.  We never got there.

With this first post I celebrate my return to riding, completely, passionately, fully.  Until the last few weeks I was still cautious and sometimes fearful.  The accident and the last two years I was only partly myself.  I had learned to ride for the very first time as a 40s something female.  It shaped me, claimed me, gave me an identity all my own.  One I loved.  The men who helped me get there I will never forget.

I have gone through the fire and emerged stronger, better, more alive then before.  I look forward to riding about the journey of being a woman, being a biker and how the two together combine to make one of the most unique experiences of life there must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark here.