Jul 17, 2012


I have been gone for some time.  I've been busy with other projects, and well just plain busy.  But I intend to start this blog again because it has a particular flare that I think is unique.  With that said, my husband and I take a good ride each weekend finding new and fun back roads here in the central valley and northern California.  At the very least I will do my best to be posting those rides as well as events going on in the SF Bay area.  


Motorcycle trip for our Sunday ride.  Lots and Lots of twisties, and the conquering of yet one more demon.  Early last summer I tried to ride John's sportster up this road.  I got somewhere close to halfway to the Clark Park and the severe switch backs with no guard rails and narrow road, plus the fact that I was totally unfamiliar with the HD clutch that kept leaping me forward during and upshift had me spooked.  Not to mention that those forward leaps were straight toward the 1000 ft drops described above.

We stopped and turned around.  In my head, it had become a one way dirt road.  We road it together and most of it wasn't.  There was some one lane after we visited the observatory but it was a beautiful ride.  I no longer really miss riding in Colorado.  There are mountains out here that offer so much more variety and beauty, and are seriously much more twisty than any we rode there.

Hope our Denver friends come to join us on a ride or two out here!  Here are some beautiful photographs:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark here.